I’ve never really gone back and looked at all the notes on my photos. The reblogs and comments and likes and blah blah.
But I did this morning.
And there were a BUNCH of really lovely comments. Ones calling me sexy or beautiful or saying I had a great body. Comments like that are fucking cool. They’re nice.
But something I’ve noticed recurring a lot? Girls, and often girls significantly younger than me, reblogging photos of me and adding things referring to themselves. Here are some quote-for-quote examples:
“I just want to look like this..”
“wow i wish i was this skinny”
“I WANT TO FUCKING BE THIS. I’LL NEVER BE THIS. WHY CAN’T I BE THIS. bleh.”
As well as that, I’ve now gotten literally dozens and dozens of asks from people asking my current weight, how I lost weight, and even how just to look like me.
These make me feel kinda sad, and almost a little bit angry. I DON’T mind being thinspo/fitspo/whatever the fuck you want to call that. I’m okay with it. If my body inspires you to exercise more or to eat more healthily, awesome.
But there are a few things I want to bring up in relation to all of this. I have NOT always looked this way. Here are some photos of me from before I had this body size:
- I WAS NOT ALWAYS THIS SIZE. I can’t stand people calling me ‘lucky’ to be thin because it is NOT luck. I dropped a dramatic amount of weight when I became VERY sick. Not long after I was diagnosed with an eating disorder. I hate it. It is not luck. Please, stop saying I’m lucky to have this body. Nothing lucky about it.
- Most of you are SO young. Your body is still changing. One of the reasons our bodies differ is because I am significantly older than a lot of you and my body has fully matured and developed.
- YOU have control over your body. Diet and exercise and you will get the tummy you want. No, you won’t have my body because I quite likely have a different frame to you. But you can get thinner. You can get more toned. Go out and DO something about it if it bothers you that much.
- If you’re already doing the above, disregard. That’s awesome and I’m glad for you and hope you achieve everything you set out to.
For those who asked about my illness? I’m willing to discuss it OFF anon. It’s very personal.
And you know what? I’m not entirely healthy. I’m too thin, yeah. And I keep this way by having VERY small portion sizes and getting all the incidental exercise I can.
So I hope that answers any questions you had.
- rinmatsuoka-chan likes this
- countdown-to-the-reckoning likes this
- salamandre85ssecrets likes this
- elliesuxxxx likes this
- miss-melanee likes this
- ohstephyy likes this
- dehydratedcottonbows likes this
- i-dont-want likes this
- teenagehorrorstory likes this
- cesttoujourslamemehistoire likes this
- iamahamartia likes this
- lillypad07 likes this
- heavenzslave likes this
- fagturbation likes this
- noopinionnecessary likes this
- stargirl9467 likes this
- meanwhileinthe60s likes this
- davidsgilmour likes this
- anher0 likes this
- hesitation-wounds likes this
- uncutting likes this
- white-ember-roses reblogged this from chlochloariadne
- grav3yardbaby reblogged this from chlochloariadne
- womenwearingwolves likes this
- fang-tasia likes this
- shadowsofthesoul likes this
- the-concept-specialist likes this
- bucknekkedonabigwheel likes this
- notenoughsleep likes this
- arizonavichi likes this
- sugarintheflies likes this
- veggiegirl-x likes this
- shortoftheshore likes this
- undergroundchild likes this
- blindatheart likes this
- adirudi likes this
- obscuramagica likes this
- magelbites likes this
- thoughtlessinsanities likes this
- alexacupcakee likes this
- ruthkatherinee likes this
- lovellydayys likes this
- lettherightonesin likes this
- galdur likes this
- asschan likes this
- ksplitintwok reblogged this from chlochloariadne and added:
- chlochloariadne reblogged this from chlochloariadne
- down14thstreet likes this
- necile likes this
- r-enae likes this